WHO ARE WE?
Glent is a customised, personalised men’s footwear brand which blends tradition and craftsmanship in the manufacture of footwear with the latest technology in footwear configuration and measurement.
Each pair of shoes is made to order and personalised for each customer. The majority of the models are made using the Goodyear manufacturing method. Goodyear fitting entails an assurance of craftsmanship as it cannot be carried out without the intervention of people. Furthermore, Glent affords an innovative alternative in customised footwear with the taking of the measurements of each foot of the customer using a 3D digitizer installed at the point of sale. The customer may also determine, by means of a computing application specifically developed to this end, the most appropriate combination between models, leathers, soles and other elements going to make up the shoe, dealing with the unique manufacture of this pair of shoes.
Glent Shoes S.L. or any of its branches (henceforth, «Glent» or «our», «we») sets as its priority and aim to achieve respect for the privacy rights of its online visitors («you») and it recognises the importance of the protection of any personal information gathered about them.
WHO IS YOUR DATA CONTROLLER?
The data controller is Glent Shoes, S.L. (“GLENT SHOES”), holding NIF (taxpayer number) B-86886959. The contact data of GLENT SHOES are as follows:
- Postal address: Customer Care, Calle de Velázquez, 10 4ºIzquierda 28001 (Madrid) Spain.
- Tel. no.: 91 411 55 81
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COMPILE?
We use the information that our customers or users provide us with to continuously improve the personalisation process and the shopping experience. Any kind of personal information provided to us, including any 3D digitizer measurements, is kept on secure servers.
The types of personal information compiled may include:
- Customer name, phone number and address or alternative addresses.
- E-mail address.
- Date of birth.
- Shoe size of the customer, images, morphology and measurements.
- Information about your podological insoles.
- DNI (Spanish ID card no.)/NIF (taxpayer no.)
- Any other relevant personal information that the customer has decided to share with us.
- All the previous data required to process and/or send the gift card from or to third parties.
WHAT DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA FOR?
Glent Shoes, S.L. expresses its commitment to comply with the legislation in force at all times in terms of data protection, to be precise, with Organic Act 15 enacted on 13 December 1999 regarding Personal Data protection; Royal Decree 1720 enacted on 21 December 2007 which approves the Regulation implementing Organic Act 15/1999; (EU) Regulation 2016/679 issued by the European Parliament and the Council on 27 April 2016 and any other applicable legislation.
Glent Shoes, as the controller, will process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration as a user of the WEB/Platform: The Personal Data you provide us with shall be subject to processing to identify you as a Platform user and provide you with access to its various functionalities, products and services which are at your disposal as a registered user.
- The development, compliance with and performance of the sales’ contract for the products or services you have acquired or of any other contract with us via the web Platform or at any of our stores. In particular, you must bear in mind the following:
- In the event you have purchased a Gift Card, if you provide us with the Personal Data of third parties, you will be responsible for having informed and having obtained the consent of the latter so that, in accordance with the General Terms & Conditions for Usage and Purchase of the Platform or stores, we process your Data for (a) the management of the sending or verification of receipt of the Gift Card and (b) to deal with any requests that you or said third party make to us.
- To contact you by e-mail, phone, SMS or any other equivalent electronic communication media, such as push notifications of the App etc. with regard to updates or informative communications related with the functionalities, products or services contracted, provided that this is necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To deal with any requests you have made to us via the Customer Care channels available at our WEB/Platform or Physical Stores.
WHAT LEGALLY ENTITLES US TO PROCESS THE DATA?
Glent Shoes has the following legitimate grounds for being able to process Personal Data:
The legal basis for processing the Personal Data of the party concerned which has been collected is the performance of the sales’ contract. With this in mind, the party concerned is required to provide such data as is necessary for its performance. If you do not provide us with these data, the sale cannot be made.
The management and issuance of the sales’ invoice are based on the legal obligation of Glent Shoes vis-à-vis the customers.
As regards the following purposes, the legal basis for processing the Personal Data of the party concerned shall be the consent of the latter, if it has been provided:
- Management of registration with the WEB/APP.
- Management of the sending of information about exclusive promotions, the latest news and personalised information adapted to the profile of the party concerned.
- Response to the exercising of rights, enquiries and complaints by the party concerned.
- Management of the model/size availability alert service at the store or on the WEB.
- Management and issuance of the following documentary evidence of sale: digital ticket and Tax Free.
The withdrawal of consent for this processing by the party concerned shall not place hay constraints on the performance of the sales’ contract entered into between the latter and Glent Shoes, S.L.
As regards the following purposes, the legal basis for processing the Personal Data of the party concerned shall be the legitimate interest of Glent Shoes:
- The drawing up of profiles through WEB/APP browsing by a user registered on the latter, as well as by any users who have provided us with their data for any other purpose.
- The drawing up of profiles for sending information about exclusive promotions, the latest news and personalised information adapted to the profile of the party concerned.
- The sending of satisfaction surveys about the products acquired or services used by the customers of Glent Shoes to request their opinion and be able to improve them.
Our legitimate interest consists of being able to ensure that our WEB/APP remains secure, as well as to help Glent Shoes to understand the needs, expectations and satisfaction level of the users and thereby improve the services and products. All these actions are carried out with a view to improving the satisfaction level of the customer and ensure a unique browsing and shopping experience.
WHICH RECIPIENTS CAN WE COMMUNICATE THE DATA TO?
The Personal Data of the party concerned may be assigned/communicated to the following recipients:
- Public Bodies and Administrations when so required by fiscal, employment or Social Security regulations or any others that are applicable.
- Companies responsible for data processing such as franchisees and suppliers who render services to Glent Shoes (courier companies, communications’ companies, agencies, profiling companies etc.)
There may also be international data transfers in terms of previous assignments/communications for which Glent Shoes shall use the Standard Contractual Clauses adapted by the European Commission and the EU-US Privacy Shield to guarantee those transfers made to countries which have not obtained a European Commission adequacy decision. In any case, third parties with whom certain Personal data are shared must have proven in advance the adoption of appropriate technical and organisational measures for the correct protection thereof.
Under no circumstances shall Glent Shoes sell customer data to third parties.
SUBSCRIPTION TO THE NEWSLETTER
In the event that your subscription to the Glent Shoes, S.L. Newsletter is authorised, we will provide you with information about our products and services through various media such as, inter alia, e-mail, any other equivalent electronic media such as SMS or by making phone calls. Furthermore, we will be able to this information to you via push notifications if you have activated them on your mobile device.
Subscription to the Glent Shoes Newsletter may involve the use of your Personal Data in order to make available to you personalised advertising related with our products and services through e-mails, SMS or other own electronic media or from third-party collaborators. Furthermore, we will be able to get this information to you via push notifications if you have activated this functionality on your mobile device. With a view to improving our care, we hereby inform you that the Personal Data pertaining to your purchases at our online and physical stores, tastes and preferences may be used for the purposes of analysis, usage profile generation, marketing studies, quality surveys and improved interaction with our customers.
If you are a registered user, you may change your preferences with regard to the sending of said commercial communications through the private area. Furthermore, you can cancel your subscription by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by following the instructions we provide you with in each communication.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION?
We make every effort to maintain the appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. To ensure the security of your information, we have implemented various security measures. Your personal information is kept on secure networks and it may only be accessed by a limited number of people with special access rights who undertake to respect and maintain the confidential nature of said information. Despite this, whenever you provide personal information online, there is always the risk of third parties, who are beyond our control, can intercept this information and use it. Although here at Glent Shoes we make every endeavour to protect personal information and your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you reveal online and at your own responsibility.
In addition, any transaction carried out via the WEB/APP is undertaken via secure payment systems. Confidential payment data are transmitted directly and in encrypted form (SSL) to the relevant entity.
If you so wish, you may access, rectify, cancel and object to the processing of said data by contacting GLENT SHOES, S.L. in writing, whose registered offices are situated at Calle Velázquez 10, 4º izda, 28001, Madrid.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Right of access
You are entitled to obtain confirmation as to whether here at Glent Shoes we are processing Personal Data that pertains to you or not as well as to access the Personal Data that Glent Shoes has about you.
Right to rectification
You are entitled to ask Glent Shoes to rectify your Personal Data when they are inaccurate or to complete them when they are incomplete. If you are registered at our WEB/APP, it may be easier for you to correct them directly by modifying your profile.
Right to erasure/right to be forgotten
You can ask us to erase your Personal Data when, amongst other reasons, the Data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were gathered.
Right to limitation
You are entitled to request the limitation of the processing of the data, in which case we shall only keep them for making or defending complaints.
Right to portability
You are entitled to receive the Personal Data in a commonly used, machine-readable structured format and to transmit them to another controller when the processing is based on consent or on a contract and is carried out by automated means.
Right to objection
You may object to your Personal Data being subject to processing based on the legitimate, public interest pursued by Glent Shoes, including the drawing up of profiles. Should this be the case, Glent Shoes shall cease to process the data except for compelling legitimate grounds or the making or defence of any possible complaints.
Automated individual decisions
You are entitled not to be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing, including the drawing up of profiles, which brings about legal effects on you or has some other similar significant impact on you. However, it shall not be possible to exercise said right in the event that the decision is necessary for the signing or performance of a contract between you and Glent Shoes; it has been authorised by the law applicable to Glent Shoes provided that it determines appropriate measures to safeguard your rights, freedoms and legitimate interests; or it is based on your specific consent.
Right to complain
You are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
To process the request, you will need to identify yourself by providing copies of documentation such as: DNI, passport or some other similar document.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP THE DATA FOR?
Glent Shoes, S.L. shall keep the Personal Data only for such time as is reasonably necessary bearing in mind the need to provide an answer to any questions raised or to solve problems, make improvements, activate your services and comply with any requirements laid down by the applicable legislation. This means that it may keep your Personal Data during a reasonable time period, even after the party concerned has ceased to use the services of Glent Shoes or has ceased to use the WEB/APP. After this period, the Personal Data shall be blocked to all systems of Glent Shoes, S.L.
We may include hyperlinks at this website to other websites or resources operated by third parties other than Glent, including advertisers. Glent has not reviewed all the websites linked to our web and it is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any pages outside the site. We are not responsible for the availability of said websites or external resources and we do not endorse nor are we liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or content of said websites (including, without limitation, any advertising, products or other materials or services at, or available at, said sites or resources), nor for any damage, loss or offence caused, or allegedly caused, by, or in connection with, the use of or dependence on any content, goods or services available at said websites or external resources.
EXERCISING OF RIGHTS
The rights of access, rectification, cancellation and objection may be exercised by the customer or his legal representative by making a signed request in writing addressed to Glent Shoes S.L., Calle Jorge Juan 14, local 2, 28001 Madrid.
Last revision: May 2018.